I just received and read two letters I wrote to myself in January. Beyond recognizing just how powerful our own beliefs about our own selves are...it made me question why we only get our panties in a bundle about "Resolutions" at the new year. Why not a mid-year resolution? Why not a quarterly resolution? Around these parts we did a (tongue-in-cheek) interactive 'Annual Report' to wrap up last year and welcome 2017. Why not do something to check in with ourselves and mark the middle of the year?
So, in honor of the summer solstice and all the wild, abundant energy and growth this time of year - why not take a little time for a check in. A mid-year report. A little resolution making. A moment to pause and plan for the six months ahead, and how to make them as big as possible. This is a time of year for something more than just resolve. Let's get up on the tables and rooftops and declare! So, please help me in welcoming the Solstice Declaration.
Sure, maybe it's a little corny. But I know I need a nudge to pause and be thoughtful, and remind myself just how big I am, and how big all my plans are...and maybe you do too.
I believe any good prompt project is about two things 1) preparation and 2) showing up openly. Today we'll do the preparation part, so you can gather all the things you need for this fun mid-year prompt. Then whenever you decide to tackle writing your Solstice Declaration you'll have everything on hand to sit down, read the prompt, and deliver all your thoughts and feelings directly to the page without thinking about it too much. Getting all the pieces together beforehand will help you sit down without distraction when the time comes!
So, in honor of preparation...Start Here.
Collect the following items. Keep your kit on hand for the next few days. You'll want to have everything ready for that moment in the next few days when you have 10-30 quiet minutes for yourself to tackle the prompt. Collect your ingredients. Set them aside. As usual, interpret all the kit contents as you see fit! Consider this your Solstice Declaration Kit. I'll send out your Solstice Declaration Instructions tomorrow.
[I promise this isn't about exercising more or eating less sugar or any of those really important but sort of bullshit things. The Solstice Declaration is all about inhaling, living into the absolute biggest possible self you ARE, and projecting that expansive you into the future. Are You On Board?
Collect These Items for your Solstice Declaration Kit:
- Two Envelopes: Ideally cone an easily fit inside the other. (But, c'mon details are details...so any two envelopes are fine.
- Two Forever Stamps: Or sufficient postage to mail two separate envelopes. Are you outside the U.S? Figure out international postage to and from the U.S.
- Paper: A piece of paper, scrap paper, note paper, wall paper, post card, anything. Something that you can write on that also makes you feel good and excited. (Or, that is easy to find. My last round of notes were on notecards, and a pretty page torn out of Flow Magazine.
- Writing Instrument: You just need something you can write with, probably a pen or pencil. You can define write loosely here, but you're going to need to write words that are legible by other people at least on the front of the envelope.
- You are welcome to add anything else to your Solstice Declaration Kit.
Leave these goodies someone easy to find, or tuck them in a drawer, or put them in their own container or envelope 'til further notice.
I'll send more details tomorrow. Until then...envision your big brightness now...and envision your big brightness in the future.